Last Updated: September 26, 2018
- the types of information we collect through our Services;
- how we use and protect that information;
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances; and
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
This Policy applies to Kwik Lok and our website, emails we send, and the information we collect when you interact with us through social media or other websites and online services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Kwik Lok websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com
What information do we collect from or about you?
Information you give us:
- Information you provide via our Services, email, or our customer service team. This includes contact information such as email, postal address, and phone number
- Payment card information when you make purchases through our website
- Any information that you have given us permission to publish
- Information you provide when you interact with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos, hashtags, and messages
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided
- Information you provide when you participate in our surveys.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided
Information we collect from third parties:
- Information we obtain from third parties, such as email addresses
Information we collect:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of your use of our site (including the timing, frequency and pattern of use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services or choosing to link a social media account in our app), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts
- Information about how you interact with our newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence
How do we use the information we collect?
To provide you with our products and services:
- Process information when you create an account to make a purchase
- Process payments
- Maintain business and service continuity
- Send service communications
To enable additional features or interact with us outside our Services (such as via email):
- Provide you with our newsletter
- Obtain information from you via surveys
- Display your messages/captions, photos and/or videos (which may include ‘likes’, comments or other reactions to such messages/captions, photos and/or videos) on our social media pages
- Combine information from the Services with other information we obtain from our business records, our affiliates, or from third party sources
To improve our service to you and grow our business:
- Improve our products and services
- Send you direct marketing communications
- Tailor advertising to you
- Discover prospective customers
- Keep our site and systems safe and secure
- Understand our customer base and trends, and the effectiveness of our advertising
- Provide more personalized services to customers
To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal:
- Defend against or exercise legal claims
- Investigate complaints or potential legal violations
- Assist law enforcement
- Comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services
To whom do we disclose the information we collect?
- Website, software, or data storage companies
- Payment processors
- Marketing automation partners
- Newsletter distribution providers
- Survey distributors
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site
Third parties involved in advertising (including social media platforms)
- Third-parties who assist us in serving our advertising on other websites
- Third-parties who serve advertising that may be of interest to you on our Services
Business partners and corporate affiliates:
- To any member of our group of companies
Change of ownership or corporate organization:
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this policy.
Sharing of aggregated data:
We may analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers. These third parties will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Your account profile:
Please visit the log in page on our website to manage your account information, including your contact information and payment method.
Our newsletters and important informational/account communications:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or promotional offers, you can click the unsubscribe link we make available in that communication, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from our newsletter mailing list.
If you unsubscribe from our newsletters, we may still send you notifications about your account and other important informational messages.
Interest-based Advertising; cookies and other automatic information gathering technologies:
Kwik Lok and our partners provide features of our websites and Services using data collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Please see Interest-based Advertising, Cookies, and Our Partners below.
Information for Individuals Located in the EEA and Switzerland
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing:
We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services (such as when you purchase an item); and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint:
Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities, as described above. We ensure that transfers of personal data internationally are subject to appropriate safeguards.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain rights. These rights include the ability:
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing:
- to request that we restrict our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at contact. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to respond to your request, or respond to it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store the information we collect from or about you in the United States and other countries. Privacy laws in the U.S. may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
How We Secure the Information We Collect
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from Kwik Lok regarding third parties to whom we have disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Interest-based Advertising, Cookies, and Our Partners
Kwik Lok and our partners provide features of our websites and Services using data collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (which we collectively refer to as “cookies”). These cookies fall into the following categories:
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary to provide you with our Services.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our Services are being used, track site performance and make improvements.
- Personalized Advertising: Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across Services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our Services through social networking platforms. Please note: your interaction social media platforms typically allows them to collect information about you through cookies. In some cases, they may recognize that you visit our Services or other third party websites, if those third parties integrate the social media platforms’ cookies on their websites or apps. Please visit the social media platforms’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative, and by reviewing our partner list below. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of tracking on mobile devices by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks or individual partners will exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks (subject to any limitations in their policies and choice mechanisms), but you will still receive untargeted or contextual advertising. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, Kwik Lok does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Below is a list of our partners with links to more information about their use of data collected about you through our Services and how to exercise options they make available regarding tracking:
Category: Analytics; Partner: Google; Further Information: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services after we post changes will mean you accept those changes.